Simple tools for Prayer-full living
Saturday, September 26 from 9:30 – 12:30
You are invited to a time of refreshing and rest, sharing in God’s creativity expressed in prayer and community.
While cultivating seeds for deepening our relationship with God, we will engage in activities to guide us in a prayer life which is fresh… satisfying… challenging… joy-filled… imaginative… adventurous!
Prayer is the essence of our life with God… “Until Christ is formed in you,” St. Paul declares in Galatians 4:19. He also urges us to “pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints” (Ephesians 6:18). “All kinds of prayers and requests? is a wondrous opportunity to pray creatively as we draw near to God’s heart!
God’s creativity is mysterious, expressive, incarnational, and trinitarian… We look all around us and we are fascinated by beauty, passion and joy… And we know whether we admit it or not, we are a part of the creative activity and call of the Triune God…
Celebrate being God’s beloved!
During this retreat everyone and all ages will have an opportunity
- For silence and meditation with music, scripture, and art.
- For making crosses to tell your journey with Christ
- To create a prayer garden as a visual symbol of God’s continued presence in our lives.
- For designing prayer flags to engage in prayer for our neighborhood, community, and the whole world.
- To begin a soul collage… To make prayer beads….
- To create journals to write your prayers
Our time together will be summed up with a service of Noon-day prayer.